Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MADE IN AMERICA

Made in America sounds great to me ,but what sounds better is UNION MADE IN AMERICA!!!!I'm a 55 year member of the IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.) I have helped wire everything from skyscrapers to a sewage treatment plants an everything from commercial an industrial facilities around Dallas .One thing I'm proud of is I helped hook up the equipment out at Texas Instrument .to grow the silicon for the first chip .I was told what they intended to do with it.2 year later I was reading my National Geographic Magazine an there was the article on the chip.

We worked hand in hand with the NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association) to make this country what it is today an I'm Quit proud of what we have accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. Now look what you have done to us. I now mainline silicone chips and it is your fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on both sides and I do agree that unions were needed when they originated. I was a union member and then non-union. In order to work at a large plant in my home town, I had to join the union. I never liked to be told I had to do something, but I did and I paid my dues. The union didn't get me anywhere. Seniority was what counted in the union. So, after almost 3 years in the union and still where I started, I applied for an office job, got out of the union and was advanced through the engineering department for my abilities, not my length of time on the job. Therefore, I prefer non-union work. Probably a better porduct since non-union workers can get fired for not doing their best work.

    ReplyDelete