Saturday, August 14, 2010

YES I"M A SENIOR CITIZEN

THIS SAYS IT ALL -----
with a few exceptions this about say's it all



We understand the meaning of patriotism,
and remember those who have fought and died for
our country.




Just look at the Seniors with tears in their eyes and
pride in their hearts as they stand at attention with
their hand over their hearts!



YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!

I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.
I'm very good at telling stories; over and over and
over and over... not nearly as cute as mine.
I'm so cared for -- long term care, eye care,
private care, dental care.



I'm not really grouchy, I just don't like traffic,
waiting in long lines, crowds, lawyers, unruly kids,
Toyota commercials, Dan Rather, barking dogs,
politicians and a few other things I can't seem to remember right now.

I'm sure everything I can't find is in a safe secure
place, somewhere.
I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left
leg.

I'm having trouble remembering simple words like.....

I'm beginning to realizing that aging is not for wimps.

I'm sure they are making adults much younger these
days, and when did they let kids become policemen?

I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how
could I be alive at 150?

I'm a walking storeroom of facts..... I've just
lost the key to the storeroom door.



Yes, I'm a SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am
having the time of my life!

Have a great week.



"Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up"

3 comments:

  1. Boy does that hit home. Just when I was thinking that I wasn't all that old, you come up with this (grin). Yep, sounds just like me.

    The fence comment is so true, as is everything you write.

    Thank you for the smiles :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. D_D since I us the two finger system of typing my comments are short unless I can cut an paste it. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have only ben blogging since July 16th, I still have a lot of questions. One of them is, do people do what I do and come back later after leaving a comment to see if my comment was commented on? Does that sound silly or what?

    ReplyDelete