Monday, July 5, 2010

What Love means

+
>to a 4-8 year old . .
>
>Slow down for three minutes to read this. It is so worth it.
>
>Touching words
>from the mouth of babes.
>
>
>A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds
>,
>
>'What does love mean?'
>
>The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined
>
>See what you think:

>
>
>
>
>'When my grandmother got arthritis , she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails
>anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time , even when his hands got
>arthritis too. That's love...'
>
>Rebecca- age 8
>
>
>
>'When someone loves you , the way they say your name is different.
>You just know that your name is safe in their mouth....'
>
>Billy - age 4
>
>
>
>'Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they
>go out and smell each other.'
>
>Karl - age 5
>
>
>
>'Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without
>making them give you any of theirs.'
>
>Chrissy - age 6
>
>
>
>'Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.'
>
>Terri - age 4
>
>
>
>'Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving
>it to him , to make sure the taste is OK.'
>
>Danny - age 7
>
>
>
>'Love is when you kiss all the time.. Then when you get tired of kissing , you
>still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that.
>They look gross when they kiss'
>
>Emily - age 8
>
>
>
>'Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents
>and listen.'
>
>Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)
>
>
>
>'If you want to learn to love better , you should start with a friend who you
>hate , '
>
>Nikka - age 6
>(we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)
>
>
>
>'Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt , then he wears it everyday.'
>
>Noelle - age 7
>
>
>
>'Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even
>after they know each other so well.'
>
>Tommy - age 6
>
>
>
>'During my piano recital , I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all
>the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling.
>
>He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore.'
>
>Cindy - age 8
>
>
>
>'My mommy loves me more than anybody
>You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.'
>
>Clare - age 6
>
>
>
>'Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.'
>
>Elaine-age 5
>
>
>
>'Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer
>than Robert Redford.'
>
>Chris - age 7
>
>
>
>'Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.'
>
>Mary Ann - age 4
>
>
>
>'I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and
>has to go out and buy new ones.'
>
>Lauren - age 4
>
>
>
>'When you love somebody , your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come
>out of you.' (what an image)
>
>Karen - age 7
>
>
>
>'Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross.'
>
>Mark - age 6
>
>
>
>'You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it
>, you should say it a lot. People forget.'
>
>Jessica - age 8
>And the final one
>
>The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly
>gentleman who had recently lost his wife.
>
>Upon seeing the man cry , the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard ,
>climbed onto his lap , and just sat there.
>
>When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor , the little boy said
>,
>
>'Nothing , I just helped him cry'
>
>
>
>When there is nothing left but God , that is when you find out that God is all
>you need. Take 60 seconds and give this a shot! All you do is simply say the following
>small prayer for the person who sent you this.
>
>Heavenly Father
>, please bless all my friends in whatever it is that You know they may be needing
>this day! And may their life be full of Your peace , prosperity and power as he/she
>seeks to have a closer relationship with You. Amen.
>
>Then send it on to five other people , Within hours you caused a multitude
>of people to pray for other people. Then sit back and watch the power of God work
>in your life.
>
>P. S. Five is good , but more is better.
>God Bless You!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment